"Setapak melangkah, Dua langkah ingatan kanda kepada dinda.."
No doubt the best Malay quote ever! Caught the celebrated PGL Musical yesterday at Istana Budaya with Dada's family and Naz. Gonna put in my two cents worth here cause I'm feeling all the good tingles I get everytime I watch a good musical.

I'm gonna try and keep this as short and simple as possible. First off, PGLM had all the makings of a rockin Disney movie. Love being the central theme and good music - only the Hollywood studios might've changed the ending to a happier one ;) but I guess that's why I loved it so..sad endings always move me and to feel is a wonderful thing.

The sets and stage production was world class, its amazing to see how they could use the same props throughout in very different and creative ways. My favourite scene was when Mbok died (the usage of the red light to depict blood spillage was effin awesome) and when the white cloth dropped down from the ceiling (I bloody thought that the set was falling apart) only to realise that it was actually depicting the ocean for Gusti Putri to sail off. Good stuff.

In someways, some of the scenes reminded me of Pocahontas (especially the bit at the waterfall). The music was amazing, it's a pity the soundtracks were sold out by the time the show was finished - I want the CD so baaaadd!! Tiara was great - I think people should really cut the crap about how she got her husband to financially invest in the show and all that just so she could play the lead. Kudos to her for believing in it. Stephen Rahman-Hughes..can come serenade me ANY day man. Man. His voice was amazing, eventhough when it came to reciting his lines he was abit stiff lah but twas just a minor setback.

All the cast members put up a good job. I saw Ruzana ('Aainaa's cousin) playing a part in it and I have to admit I was envious!! But in a good way of course ;) Sigh..I miss performing..God knows if I'll ever perform again :(

After the show, Naz and I stayed back for the autograph session and I felt like the Queen when we were allowed through (coz we had bought the program book earlier) and yeah got most of the main cast to sign it. Spoke quite abit to Tiara and AC Mizal - nice people! Stephen Rahman-Hughes was hot but ala he just smiled at me..bastich, hot bastich nonetheless. Snapped a picture of him on my Nokia.


SO I'm so impressed and proud to say that Puteri Gunung Ledang is a World Class Malaysian product and I can't wait to see it being performed at the West End. Well done people!

1 comment:
hehe did i mention to you i got a personalized autograph which said "to my darling naz...from STEPHEN RAHMAN HUGHES...muahahaha...hehehe...i cant wait to show it to you! eh babe sorry tak reply any of your sms-es..no credit lor..but i need to see you soon to pass you the dosh k? call me lorrr! xoxo
Post a Comment