Cheski and I met Hana, Honza, Alex and Karyn at Camden Town which is my favourite, favourite place in London because it is goth, punk and artsy fart central (where i got my corset from). seriously, this place just exudes personality and individuality..i could just come and people watch here anyday man, anyday. its funny, while i was there yesterday it just hit me, how when i visited Camden in May with my parents..what i said was, - i want to live here. i want to work in London. that's how much i fell in love with the culture in Camden. of course it was all words then, and who knew that i would be back so soon. It’s so cool it’s sick.
so last night was interesting..but fun for the most part. We quite randomly went to a club/bar called the Proud Galleries which was cleverly tucked on the top floor of some building in Camden (thanks Cheski, you are.. officially cool now). The interior was well nice, very spacious, with the opened bed chambers at the sides, comfy sofas in the center, huge newpapers prints on the side, the 50s inspired waitresses, the dim chandeliers, splashes of red everywhere, plasma TVs with indie films and weird Japanese anime, two oddly placed horses and deer heads everywhere and a live burlesque-ish group performing. It was just awesome. And the crowd was well nice too. Not upper crust snobs.. but like proper artsy people which was fun to watch. There were those dressed in mod attire, Victorian inspired, or just plain kookie. I like how none of it seems pretentious. Everyone’s just doing their own thing, expressing without the fear of looking dense.
The six of us felt really underdressed coz we thought we were just going to some regular pub. But it was cool, we were the 6 grungy, shabby international students – Hana our little miss hippie with her cigarette smoking and dancing, me the token Asian, Honza the cool silent one, Karyn the crazy NewYork-ian, Alex the kookie American sure enough of his masculinity to walk around with his hair tied up in 7 bunches courtesy of moi, and Cheski our skinny little English muffin with his electro blue jacket.
Apparently there were a couple of celebs there as well, but only Cheski knew coz he’s BRIT’ishh. Well nice! Drinks were pretty pricey though, and I am deffo not going out this weekend. So by the time we left, there was a huge queue outside trying to get in and they were charging them to get in. so suffice to say, we felt uber cool. Haha. We’re lame. Yeah. More pictures here
Cheski and his 'celebrity' pal
Alex looking sharp with the hairstyle i gave him :)
HONZOOoOOoO
Grabbed a quick bite at McDs (nothing else was open) and took the bus back to one of the underground stops. I had to sit beside a psycho who kept looking me up and down, and purposely placing his elbow so that it would touch me.. eurghhh. And like when he got down he gave me this ‘look’ that I saw from the corner of my eye. It was so scary!!
So here’s the interesting bit. We got on the tube to get back to Oakwood. Everyone else was seated ‘cept for me, Alex and Karyn. The tube was being slow so Karyn and Alex were having abit of fun by playing American Gladiators on the hand railings by doing hand lifts and Karyn trying to kick Alex. There were a couple of drunken old *gay* men at the end of the carriage feeling themselves up so we kept staring and smiling coz it was fun to watch..c’mon, you would think the same too J and out of no where, this idiotic little imp of a man – short, bald and totally ignorant (who could quite possibly be drunk also), started a “conversation” with Alex and Karyn (A&K):
Idiot: scuse me but I have a question..you guys American? I mean from your accent…
A&K: yes we are
Idiot: yeah..yeah….
I thought so…
It’s just that you people sound so irritating..I mean I’m sorry..but I’ve been listening to your conversation for about half an hour just standing here..and..and it’s almost annoying even…
..and you’re making fun of drunk people.. i feel almost bad...
Aren’t you the people who voted for Bush and made him president…
So stupid you lot…
And you drink too so…
Alex: no I’m sorry, I don’t drink
Idiot: OH..OH so you’re one of them CHRISTIAN Americans then…
No seriously…its just a little annoying that…you.. .
and he just went on and on. everyone who heard it had their mouths wide open in disbelief and disgust. I got well pissed as well and he wasn’t even talking about MY country or calling ME stupid! I mean how ignorant can one get?? I don’t even know why Alex layaned this guy but I think I would have to if someone dissed Malaysia.
So when we went out he was still following us halfway and saying things about being British or something until Cheski shouted back at him ‘I AM BRITISH’ and he was still like saying stupid things. So we were waiting at the bus stand for the shuttle to campus and Alex looked pissed. Like quiet pissed. And we were like look forget him you’re the one surrounded with friends look at that fucker he’s standing there alone, its quite sad really maybe he just needed to feel human interaction or something. And Alex was just like no I’m not pissed I’m just irritated that he would say things like that and if we were in America I would beat the crap out of him but you guys are my friends and I didn’t want to do that infront of you guys. So it was ok for awhile and then Hana being crazy Hana was like joking awww do you want to beat him up..come lets beat him up if it’ll make you feel better. And he was like OK..and went to talk to the guy. But that’s all it was.. he was talking to him and like a bunch of them went.
Karyn and I were huddled together we were so worried and scared something bad would happen. But when we went there eventually, it was funny coz Alex was just asking him questions and he would be saying the most random dumb things, like calling him a SIZEist (hifuckinglarious.) and other shit. And we were laughing and taking pictures of him and he was just rattling on and on.
Alex: I just want to know if you’re mentally
retarded.
Idiot: (looking pissed) WHAT did you say!
Alex: Are you..mentally retarded?
Idiot: WHY DO YOU SAY THAT
Alex: I’m just saying because you’re not answering any of
my questions and you’re saying really stupid things that are not nice. Are you
drunk?
Idiot: WH-WHAT ARE YOU SAYING THAT I’M MENTALLY
RETARDED
Alex: yeah..you know..slow. dim-witted..
Idiot: ARE YOU SAYING THAT I’M SPASTIC
Alex: no, I’m just asking you if you’re retarded
Idiot: SO YOU’RE SAYING I’M SPASTIC
And that’s what this imp of a man decides to be reallllly stupid and aims to punch Alex in the eye. But of course he is too short and like punches his cheek instead. And so it broke into a fight, and surprise2 little Cheski flung this guy over the bike stand when the Americans were holding Alex back. Haha..My little English muffin..how did that happen?? nothing serious, the guy wasn't bleeding or anything. Then the shuttle came and took us back to the halls and most of us hung out in Alex’s room to talk and play SceneIt.
i deffo don't think violence is the answer, but this guy was really asking for it. if we had provoked him in some sort of way then ok you know.. fine. but we were doing nothing! absolutely nothing at all?!! who was this guy..ruining everyone's evening?? so selfish and so incredibly stupid. it was only a matter of time. if he didn't get hit this time, he would've provoked someone else in the future and quite possibly get killed for being so insensitive and moronic. he needed this wake up call, i feel.
Weird night, that was.




No comments:
Post a Comment