Thursday, March 25, 2010

07. Quarter-Life Crisis..

..is right on track.

Today, on impulse.. I purchased a BB Bold 9700 package that basically has me tied down for 24-months.

That's two years.

I know, what was I thinking.

I blame this on the event last nite - I had to do live-tweets from this concert for a client..and my Nokia E71 was just not cutting it. It left me flustered as hell (that coupled with the really sucky Wi-Fi) and so today when I saw the Celcom booth at another client event, I thought.."IT'S A SSSSIIIIGGNN"..and "ok I'll just go and ask some questions". I left an hour later with THAT contract.

IDK, I'm kinda excited.. I feel all grown up now that I'll have to pay a monthly bill.. but my dad seems pretty pissed that I'd spend that much for a phone. I figure though that since I'm a resident social-media 'expert' (for the record,this is according to Siva, not me!) that I gotta get my act together, right? I mean, what does Daddy know about ephemeral fleeting tweeting? Nowt, that's what!

And also, I reckon since I live with my parents and don't have to pay rent or food like most other young adults, I SHOULD have enough money each month to pay for a goddang phone. I mean, lets start off small right? You know...learn the value of money, appreciate things more by getting it with your own sweat and tears etcetera, etcetera?

Gah who am I kidding. Just another pathetic sucker of consumerism.

No comments:

Free Blog Counter
Poker Blog