Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Calvin Harris @ The Proud Galleries, 15 February 2007
Michael made me promise to watch the Calvin Harris gig with him in Camden ages ago, so I invited my Malaysian buddies and Momo the Japo (even Cheeky came!) to tag along. We got our bed chamber which was cool, just enjoying the ambience and soaking everything up. This time around their video displays were black and white nude 'art' which I rather like actually.

whee.
cheski and cheeky. cheeky is a flippin snob. and a knob.
with my verondee. cleavage baby!
So we were mucking about, when Hanie got up to go to the bar and stopped dead in her tracks and looked as if she'd seen a ghost. She slid back down on the bed and said, "omg. Have you guys heard of the Mighty Boosh? well..the guy is here!" and I nearly crapped my three quarter leggings there and then. Could it be? Noel Fielding?? The man with the hair????? Naw it couldn't be..that would be too perfect!


So we looked over two chambers down, and there he was..fo serious. That mane was unmistakable. I was giddy with excitement, but this, being the Proud, everyone noticed him but everyone was too cool to act like they noticed him. But me being me, it's not like I give a shit about what these people think - I'll never have to see them again! But he looked busy with his friend, they had a laptop and all, so Michael and I went to the other section to watch Calvin Harris perform live.



I was in for a treat! Didn't expect them to be that good (coz as much as I love both Vegas and Acceptable in the 80s, I couldn't help but think their songs sounded the same) but mannn..Merrymaking at My Place is a favourite now. And the guy reminded me of Michael, his mannerisms and weird movements lol.
So after that, we went back to our bedchamber to meet the rest and Noel was still in his. We were hanging around to look for a perfect photo op, so the minute we saw him get up Michael was like ok lets wait at the side so when he passes by we'll get him. So that's what we did! Well rather Michael, Hanie and I coz the rest hadn't heard of the wonderment that is Noel Fielding. Turns out Noel was with his manager or something who didn't want him to take pics with us, but Noel (bless his soul) saw Michael in his funky shirt and said "It's awrite mate, he looks like he's from Sonic Youth!" so I took Michael's polaroid for him, and I asked Noel if I could have a picture pleasseeee and he was like "Yeah!" So we posed, and then lo and behold he turns and gives me a wettttt smackkkkerrr on the cheek! wooohoooooo...score! :) I'm in love! I'll never wash this cheek Noel I love you! OH MAN. That was the chocolate covered cherry on top. Good times and so what if I'm not as cool as the posers in Proud..I have a fucking picture with Noel Fielding and he kissed my cheek so go jerk off elsewhere loserssssss muahaaaa!


marry me and our babies we'll have the best hair ever. promise!

2 comments:

starblitz said...

Thanks babes!!! I've been trying to figure out this show that some travellers were telling me about... The Mighty *something*. You gave me the full name. I LOVE YOU! *hugs hugs hugs*

AUDRAkay said...

aha! glad i could be of help..sort of! :)

Free Blog Counter
Poker Blog